Friday, March 4, 2011

Logos Logos Logos



The logo on the left is my first and middle name with a picture of the Even Star, a necklace found in the Lord of the Rings movies. I chose to do this design because I love LOTR. I used green in the image because green is my favorite color.
The logo on the right is for www.angryyoungandpoor.com a website that has punk music, clothing, hair dyes, etc. They didn't have any logo minus their name and it was difficult to know what the store is about. So, I designed a poster-like logo that has two members of a well-known punk band, The Casualties, on it. This shows who this website traditionally appeals to. It shows that it's about punks and music. The website name is on either side of the picture.

In the name logo, I used negative space to focus the image towards the middle and bring attention to the flow of the logo. I chose to have negative space in the Even Star to to make it a little more difficult to understand which also aids the meaning behind it.
In the AYP logo, I used negative space to create my poster-like feel. This brought the people forward, creating more of an emphasis on them. I also chose to not have full color on the people to aid the poster feel.

The hardest part of making my logos honestly was just what to design for both. I felt stuck at several times while making them. However, I like my finished product.

1 comment:

  1. your work is very nice and that website is cool continue with the work

    ReplyDelete