Thursday, March 24, 2011

Kick Butts Day

This poster features a picture of smoke intertwined with words about what happens to your body when you smoke. The words that are larger are the company's slogan. This creates emphasis on the important words. The movement of the smoke helps move your eye across the page. The background includes a pattern of "smoking kills".

This poster was designed for Kick Butts Day, a day to raise awareness of the issue of smoking and its effects on kids (and adults). I made it my own by adding the text around the image and layering it on top.

When making this poster, I knew that I wanted to use smoke. I also wanted to list off some of the health effects of smoking. By combining them, I was able to make an eye-catching design that has a strong message to it. I knew by making the more important words in the slogan bigger and brighter, it would help get my message across.

No comments:

Post a Comment