Monday, May 16, 2011

This design was created using form, as demonstrated by the varying subjects and background, and also, movement with the smoke, as well as variety. The illusion of this surreal design is created with wacky proportions and odd emphasis.

The assignment for the design was to create a surrealist design using the tools found in Photoshop. I made this project my own by, excluding the hands and smoke, using all my own pictures. I burned the hand to darken it and change the original picture. I used the blur tool to change the flow of the smoke. I burned the background to make the hands with ducks come forward. I burned under the duck on the fingers to make it appear that it was actually standing there. I used a mask and the paint tool to blend in the swimming duck on the hands.

I really struggled trying to come up with an idea for this design. However, when I started looking through my old photographs, I knew I wanted to do something using them. I think the ducks were more of a tribute to a friend of mine who has a slight obsession with ducks, as well as giving a nod to my mother's obsession with wanting a duck. The smoking duck was supposed to make that duck seem older, while the one who is swimming is supposed to appear young, almost like a baby who has to be nurtured. 

No comments:

Post a Comment